Who won the first-ever Donald Ross Memorial Invitational boys individual title?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rymer's victory part of a hot streak

Tommy Rymer is, in the immortal words of broadcaster Dan Patrick, "En fuego."

Rymer has won his last three starts on the West Florida Golf Tour, including the inaugural Tour Championship presented by the Siesta Key Pita Shack at the Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club in east Manatee County.

He went bogey-par-par to win by a shot over three-time PGA Tour winner Robert Gamez, who missed a couple short putts on his final nine in the 27-hole event.

"I knew I was in the lead after the first round, but I didn't know how many strokes I was in the lead by," Rymer said.


Rymer missed out at the PGA Tour Q-School first stage at the Grasslands in Lakeland by one shot, when he three-putted his final hole.

It was his second attempt at Q-School.

He tried his hand for the first time following hip surgery in March 2009.

"I was out for 6 1/2 months," Rymer said. "And the reason I had it in March was so I could go to Q-School (in the fall) for the first time."


But that wasn't the lone injury that Rymer suffered.

Rymer said he threw out his back at second stage at the Hombre Golf Club in Panama City following a 1-under 71 round.

To read more about Rymer, visit "Rymer wins West Florida Golf Tour championship."

No comments:

Post a Comment